Uche Ekereawaji Aaron
Nigeria Bible Translation Trust
Old Airport Road
- PhD., (Linguistics), University of California, Santa Barbara (1994)
- M.A., (Linguistics), University of Texas at Arlington (1983)
- B.Sc., (Construction Engineering), Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI (1979)
- Translation Consultant (1989– )
- Linguistics Consultant (1995– )
- International Translation Consultant (1996– )
- Director, Nigeria Bible Translation Trust (2000–2002)
- Translation Coordinator, Nigeria (1995–1999)
- Field Projects Coordinator, Nigeria (1995–1999)
- Project Advisor for Obolo Project, Nigeria (1983– )
Tau Beta Pi, Lawrence Technological University, Southfiield, Michigan, 1978, 1979
- Obolo, Nigeria, S-FSI5, R-FSI5, W-FSI5
- English, S-FSI5, R-FSI5, W-FSI5
- Ibibio, Nigeria, S-FSI2, R-FSI3, W-FSI3
- Ibo, Nigeria, S-FSI2, R-FSI3, W-FSI2
- Hausa, Nigeria, S-FSI1, R-FSI2, W-FSI1
- Hebrew, Israel, S-FSI2, R-FSI3, W-FSI3
- Hebrew (Biblical), R-FSI3, W-FSI4
- Discourse similarities between Obolo and Hebrew.
- Tense/Aspect system of Biblical Hebrew.
- Tense/Aspect system of Biblical Greek.
- Discourse analysis.
- Information load.
- Serial Verbs.
- Speech Quotation.
- Impact and Feasibility of the Mother-tongue in Education in Nigeria.
1999. Tense and aspect in Obolo grammar and discourse. Dallas. Summer Institute of Linguistics and University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington Press.
1998. “Discourse factors in Bible translation: a discourse manifesto revisited.” Notes on Translation, 12:1:1–12.
1996/97. “The category of number in Obolo verbal morphology.”Journal of West African Languages. Vol. XXVI:1:49–76.
1996/97. “Grammaticization of the verb 'say' to future tense in Obolo.” Journal of West African LanguagesVol. XXVI:2:87–94.
1994. “Tense and Aspect in Obolo Grammar and Discourse.” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Santa Barbara.
1992. “Reported speech in Obolo narrative discourse.” Language in context: Essays in honor of Robert E. Longacre.227–240.
1990. “Orthography of Obolo (Andoni).” Orthographies of Nigerian languages, Manual 6.Lagos: Federal Ministry of Education.
1984. “Language variation in Obolo.” Occasional Papers in Linguistics. Vol. 1. University of Texas at Arlington.
1983. “Interpropositional Relations in Obolo.” M.A. Thesis, University of Texas at Arlington.