Cynthia L. Blood
- M.A., Linguistics, University of Texas at Arlington, 1987
- B.A., Wheaton College, 1981
- Certified Senior Language and Culture Learning Consultant, SIL International, 2012-present
- Instructor, Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics (GIAL), 2003-present
- Associate Instructor, GIAL, 2000–2003
- Field Linguist, 1989–1999
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, 2003-present
- English: ILR 5
- Bahasa Indonesia: ILR 2+ (production,); ILR 3+ (comprehension)
- Oku: ILR 2 (production); ILR 3 (comprehension)
- French: ILR 1+ (production); ILR 2 (comprehension)
- Spanish: ILR 1
- Second language acquisition
- Learning styles and strategies
- Culture acquisition
- Language assessment
- Conflict resolution
Blood, Cynthia L. 1992. Subject-Verb Agreement in Kisar. NUSA, An Indonesian Linguistic Journal 34:1–21.
Blood, Cynthia L. 2010. Helping language learners be culture learners: Using speech act analysis to increase pragmatic competence. Paper presented at the International Congress on Language Learning 7, 27 September, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Blood, Cynthia L. 2007. Coming alongside to help a language school. Paper presented at the International Congress on Language Learning 6, 12 October, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Blood, Cynthia L. 2007. Training Penyegaran Pelatih-Pelatih (Refreshment Training for Language Teachers). Teachers’ Inservice at the KPN Language Exchange, 9–13 July, Bandung, Indonesia.
Blood, Cynthia L. 2004. How can twelve pre-field weeks really impact language and culture learning? Paper presented at the International Congress on Language Learning 5, 14 October, Colorado Springs, Colorado.